Monday, July 13, 2009

Ready, Set.....GLOW!

I know we've all heard how God meets us right where we are and answers our prayers in His perfect timing. Well, I have heard loud and clear today!! Praise Him!

I am subscribed to several different e-devotionals and I read several different blogs -- all of them lift me up, make me think, amuse me, and teach me. I love my cyber friends! Anyhoo, I've mentioned the Proverbs 31 Ministries in the past and I'm about to again. I get their e-devotional every day and today's was just phenomenal. I'll put the link above. Just click on the button "Read Today's Devotion."

So, for me, who's been on this quest for the last year and a half or two years....this was so PERFECT!!

The writer is Van Walton and the devotional was titled "Shine." This is just a snippet...

""I began to realize that God was not going to tell me where to move. He had a message for me. I remember it to this day, twenty-two years later.


"It really doesn't matter where you are. You are in me and I am in you. Wherever you live, wherever you go, wherever you work, you will find people who need Me. Introduce them to your heavenly Father. Live a life that encourages others to seek Me. Love all people. Teach them how to live. Use your life, your actions, and My Word. This is what you can do whether you live here or there. Remember, wherever you go, I am with you. Wherever you go take me with you and let your light shine." ""


Now how's that for divine guidance, friends??!! Yay!! I'm so excited and I feel so very blessed. How simple, but how perfect: SHINE. Okay, so I can do that!


Thank you, Father God, for giving me revelation and for giving me direction. Even though it probably should have been common sense, I love the fact that you use whatever tools work for each of us individually to reach out and grab us into Your arms right where we are -- wherever we are. You've got my heart and my life, Father. Help me to use them to the fullest for Your kingdom. In Jesus's name I pray! Amen.

1 comment:

Kathy Schwanke said...

Beautiful! I must have missed the P31 devo. I get them every day, but sometimes I don't get to reading them. Glad I could read some here!

I jumped over here from a comment you left on Lysa's blog, it was lovely encouragement. I am so glad I did-you have the cutest family ever! I have a heart for homeschooling too!

Blessings!
Kathy

My Lollipop Gang - Becca, Spencer, Braden, and Conner

My Lollipop Gang - Becca, Spencer, Braden, and Conner