Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chock full of nuts

So, here's the deal. If you have read my blog for any length of time (sporatic though the posts may be), there has been a consistent theme since I started. I have been struggling to find direction and God's purpose for my life. Living a roller-coaster Christian experience.

I spent time today dissecting an e-devo from one of the pastors at my church that I got today. It got me so excited and I was so in awe that I couldn't NOT talk about it here. I have been slowly coming to terms with these things since starting to attend Valley Family Church here last fall. However, I have never seen something that so described me in such a perfect, proverbial "nutshell" before. I give you, I'm a nut, all right....but I want to be identified as a "Jesus-junkie" (thanks Tricia and Erika), "crazy for Christ" nut, not just a deluded, out-of-touch nut.

So, Pastor Beth....thank you! This was awesome and touched me in ways that I'm sure I haven't fully explored yet. Check out this link: http://edevos.bethjones.org and click on "Give me a V" to read it in its entirety.

But, Lord God, I name this and I claim this....in Jesus' mighty name! I will be a victorious nut and proud of it! Anybody with me?!

[Scripture references Pastor Beth Jones cited: 1 John 5:4-5, 2 Corinthians 2:14, Romans 8:37]

No comments:

My Lollipop Gang - Becca, Spencer, Braden, and Conner

My Lollipop Gang - Becca, Spencer, Braden, and Conner